Darty – geomarketing software to boost store network
Darty is a French group specialising in the distribution of electrical appliances and entertainment and leisure products.
Darty has taken on a forceful expansion project with the goal of opening a new store itself or as a franchise every ten days. So, what if geomarketing SaaS could support the brand’s ambitions?
Clicks and mortar to boost growth
Darty has chosen to develop the commercial activity of its network with some ambitious goals, focusing on the local customer relationship:
- Setting up a store within 30 minutes of every French person
- Ensuring there are at least 20,000 homes around each store
- Developing formats for small- and medium-sized sales outlets
- Escalating franchise development
Despite these goals, the brand has faced daunting challenges. Historically, Darty was only found in large towns and its network was of the bricks-and-mortar kind. It was held back by a weak online presence, very complex data architecture and ageing IT equipment.
Geomarketing software for set-up simulation
Galigeo and Darty teams worked together and soon took on all the challenges. Using intuitive dashboards and detailed maps, Predictive POS, the simple and autonomous location intelligence solution, makes the company’s ambitions a reality:
- Creation of a development plan
- End-to-end management of franchises
- Continual analysis of local store performance
Thanks to this package of features and relevant geographical data, the geomarketing solution allowed Darty to improve decision-making, making it faster and more effective.
Darty is company of stores specialising in the sale of electrical appliances, computers and audio-visual equipment (television and audio).
A subsidiary of the Fnac Darty Group, the brand makes a point of promoting its after-sales service and ensures the brand name is always associated with its hallmark slogan “Contract of Trust” as well as with its famous yellow vans with the blue cab and the brand’s logo emblazoned on the sides.
Lower-cost marketing campaigns
- Prioritising activities and distribution areas
- Adapting methods and content to target populations
Campaigns that deliver more
- Improving customer knowledge: buyer behaviour of each consumer and marketing activity adaptation
- Building existing customer loyalty and winning over potential customers with high purchasing power, in the vicinity
Marketing by consumer profile
- Segmentation of customer profiles by consumer habits
- Specific targeting of messages (sending out coupons, invitations, etc.) to coincide with one-off events (sales, back to school, etc.)
A locally relevant tool
- Darty business intelligence software is designed to work nationally or locally
- Ergonomic, it facilitates decision-making for Group managers